Monday 10 June 2024

Learning to Fly


 Bob's been learning to fly, he's gradually spending more time out of his cage in the evening. Once I'm home he gets quite bossy, climbing around the door of his cage looking for the the way out. When I open the door he climbs on top and around the outside of the cage and when he's got his bearings he takes flight. His first couple of laps of the living room were a bit hair raising but he's got used to his wings now and can navigate shorter distances and land decisively.

It was a proud mum moment 2 nights ago when he flapped his wings and flew a short distance from the top of the cage to my shoulder. I'm now one of his favourite places to land. I'd always hoped that I would be able to let him have his wings. Now 2.5 months into our journey together I'm happy to report that I haven't had to clip his wings and that all they've done since his been with me is grow.

Tonight he's spent a few hours out of his cage, it at times has been challenging to type as he keeps walking around my laptop. For a moment it reminded me of all the times that Charlie would rest her chin on the keyboard as if to say " enough mum, I want your attention" Looks like furry or feathered, animals have a similar reaction to laptops and smart phones. 


Lib xx




No comments:

Post a Comment